This was an interesting experiment, as it was our first attempt at such a dinner endeavor.
The instructions, vaguely, were this:
1. Cook manicotti tubes like normal.
2. Simultaneously steam spinach.
3. In bowl, mix:
1 container of Ricotta cheese
Parmesan and Romano cheese, grated
Pinch of salt
4. Chop up spinach and mix into cheese batch.
5. Fill a plastic bag with the mixture, seal it, and cut off one corner.
6. Squeeze into one side of a cooked pasta tube until half full; squeeze in from other side.
This is one hell of a messy procedure, but once I got the technique down, it was easy. Plenty of opportunities to lick your fingers clean of ricotta during preparation. I ingested nearly a meal's worth, in fact, before the damn dish was even baked!
The filled noodles were laid out on a tinfoil-covered pan, for easy cleaning purposes. Then they were covered with a thin (we're not huge tomato sauce fans) of Newman's Own marinara sauce, and sprinkled with way too much (never!) Parmesan and Romano.
Bake for approximately one-half hour! And they were delicious.