Monday, September 6, 2010

Octopus in the Lunch


As I was pondering sleep, Simon got the urge for late-night crackers and cheese, and whisked me off to the supermarket to achieve this goal. Passing by the sushi display, we say these tiny little octopus; they were willingly purchased at the sound of my too-loud squeal of disbelief and delight.

Returning home, I realized they were intended to be eaten on the day they were bought, so I had to make a new lunch to incorporate them for tomorrow. This involved a base of seaweed ramen and spinach, which Simon garnished with carrots because he required more color:


Then the rest of the lil' guys were added. They're slimy, and will presumably taste of soy sauce and sesame seeds, which is what they were cooked in.

Here lies the lunch that has been laid to rest until the day after tomorrow: leftover homemade mushroom pizza, cukes, and a greek salad of tomato, spinach, feta cheese and kalamata olives. Got two different themes going on here...

1 comment:

  1. That is terrifying. It makes me sad when I see them because I wish they were alive. They are adorable and terrifying all at once. Hopefully they are also delicious!

    ReplyDelete