Monday, January 10, 2011

Tomato Soup


Bean is obsessed with soup, and I'm rarely in the mood. Today, though, I'd determined to make something I liked, and so when I got home from work I was ready to whip off to the store for some tomatoes in order to make something creeeeeamy and delicious. Much to my surprise, I found a box o' chopped tomatoes sitting tantalizingly on the countertop!

And look at the amazing ingredients!!


Into the pot went:

2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 tsp lobster bouillon (not so bad!)
2 mushrooms
stalk o' celery
chopped onion
bits o' pasta

thyme
basil
oregano
salt
pepper

and I let it all boil for what seemed like eons -- the smell of spices finding their way pleasingly into my nose as I slowly sipped a slightly-sour wine.

And when it was done, I did not forget about dinner! It went beautifully with our homemade thyme-bread from yesterday. Mmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment