Monday, February 21, 2011

Stuffed Tomatoes


Simon had determined to go to a Magic the Gathering tournament (you heard me) tonight, and consequently I had planned to take my sketchbook and find someplace that served delectable sushi in which to spend the dinner hours.

However!

As was foreseen, Simes wimped out, so we made separate suppers again at home. I was in fact quite excited about this one. We went to the grocery first, where I acquired tomatoes, and a bottle of vermouth in a simply beautiful bottle.


So:

1. Saute spinach and parsley in olive oil.
2. Scoop into a hollowed-out tomato (unripe!) or two.
3. Crack an egg on top.
4. Top with feta cheese!

Bake in the oven (400 degrees) for about 1/2 hour. Mine was still a bit shaky when it came out, but I did not want to upset the balance of disgustingly-burnt yolk to runny whites.





Here's a view of the half-eaten blob. It was better than I expected it to be; a very simple and satisfying combination of tastes.

2 comments: