Tuesday, May 17, 2011

At Least Somewhat Cornbread



Here is a recipe I have concocted; a combination of many cornbread recipes I have so intricately researched.

Mix:

1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cornmeal
dash baking powder
dash salt

And in a separate bowl (as pictured), mix:

1 egg (lightly beaten)
3/4 c. buttermilk (3/4 c. milk + dash lemon juice)
1 tbsp olive oil

But I added some scallions, the last cherry tomato, and some mushrooms before I stuffed them in the oven:




These are meant to bake for approximately 20 minutes at 400 degrees, but I believe mine tasted a bit too much like egg to agree with this sentiment.

The hearty taste went well with some fermented vegetables that dearest Ma'am has been working on!

And though they do not look scrumptious, they were pleasant, which is lucky; half went into tomorrow's lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment