Friday, April 2, 2010

Blackberry Muffins

On a far-off field in our farm, there are millions of native blue and blackberries. They're a bitch to pick, but they're good good good. SO! I took a bag of them (frozen) back to school when I went home for the weekend. With them I made these blackberry muffins, and when I announced my plans, Hannah immediately yelled at me for cooking with baking powder during Passover. Apparently that means more for us...

Cream:

1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Beat in 2 eggs.

Add mixture of:

1 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Alternately with 1/2 c. milk.

When mixed, add in 2 cups of delicious farm-fresh blackberries. Then fill the muffin cups 3/4 full or so, and sprinkle the tops with a mixture of:

1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter (cubed)





































The first batch swelled a little too much, and Jers seemed to think my knife-tactic of removing them from the pan too terrifying to watch -- he insisted upon taking over and ever-so-gently coaxing them out of their pans, all the while staring disapprovingly around him.

They came out un-pretty, but they taste good -- although this household seems to like cookies far more than anything slightly out of the ordinary. Sugar cookies are next! For Easter, you see.

















No comments:

Post a Comment