Friday, August 13, 2010

Provincetown!


On my first visit, Provincetown offered an unmatchable combination of perfect weather, art studios as far as the eye could see, shops to satisfy any soul, and quiet company. Hours of driving led us to ice cream for breakfast, and we spent the day wandering up and down the streets after finding an unexpectedly convenient spot to park.


We began our meal with drinks: a mojito for me, and Chimay for Bean. Whilst sipping, we decided we hoped they'd take their good time preparing the meal. There was something inexplicably relaxing about sitting here overlooking the ocean, resting the worn-out soles of our feet, tired by so many hours of walking and being buffeted by the wind; eyes taking in more than the normal day allows.

The Caprese salad I ordered was beauteous; it is hard to go wrong with mozzarella and basil and tomato. Paired with their just-warmed bread, it was a meal tasty enough to cherish the day, but light enough to require dessert.


And a beautiful ending; our waitress seemed oh-so-pleased that we ordered dessert. A flourless chocolate torte with vanilla bean ice cream, and some mint on top. Warm cake, cold ice cream, and a beautiful day -- I really do not think it gets any better...

2 comments:

  1. YUM YUM YUM. Looks so delicious and fun. Did you guys go to the WaterFire?

    Also, thanks so much for inviting me Saturday. You kids were so charming. I loved it and I loved your place. So awesome and so BIG. I am a tiny bit (ok a LOT) jealous you got to grow up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog on reddit and wanted to let you know that I think your photography is divine!

    KV - http://www.foodfash.com

    ReplyDelete