With the anticipation that last night's dinner-independence brought on, I decided to try my luck with a complete take-over of pizza preparations. The dough, which I have little experience with, was:
1/2 package rapid-rise yeastdissolved in
3/4 c. water
Bean started this when he got home from work (before me), which is the only addition he made to the meal.
When this had activated, I added:
3/4 c. bread flour
3/4 c. white flour
~ 2 tsp garlic spice mix
2 spanish olives, chopped
a bunch of olive oil
My measurements are lackadaisical, as always (I do apologize). We watched Fawlty Towers and then I added to the top more olives, a tiny mushroom, some basil leaves, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and lastly some freshly-grated Parmesan.
It was so beautiful before it went in; perfectly square and dotted with color.
But my inadequacies with the pizza peel caused the whole thing to tip onto the stone, causing a meltage breakdown in the oven. That's how the finished product ended up more like this: