Thursday, April 28, 2011

Prosciutto & Cheddar


When I first moved in, there seemed to be interesting deli meats in the refrigerator at all times, and I could sample of them at will for my lunches. But lately, there's been a lack of that! And normally I would be content concocting a delicious sandwich of mushrooms, kimchi, mustard, spinach, broccoli, cabbage.......whatever I could find; it would be delicious as long as it was on good bread.

But lately, since I've been training for a half-marathon, I need a bit more stuff in my sandwich. The other day I bought this prosciutto, pre-sliced and hard-as-hell to work with. It adds a deliciously salty kick, and tastes strangely (since it's pork) of seafood, which of course I enjoy fully.

This one had:

deli roll ($0.79)
prosciutto
Vermont cheddar cheese
sliced mushrooms
scallions
multitudes of spinach

1 comment:

  1. True dat girl, 'bout the running and the needing a bit more stuff in your stomach.
    Can't wait to see you. GH!!

    ReplyDelete