Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Cinnamon)




After yesterday's blueberry debacle, I wanted even more to bring something to work to share.

Even with the safest of cookies -- chocolate chip -- I still do not feel comfortable. I've come to this realization after batches and batches of them, and it is perhaps due to my reluctance to measure ingredients -- ironic, as I am an engineer. Perhaps I am too used to cooking, which requires much less accuracy.

But! These certainly came out better than the blueberry mess.

Cream:

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar

and then mix in:

1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
sprinkle salt
dollop of cinnamon

The cinnamon, I think, is what makes these interesting.




Dissolve:

1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp hot water

and stir in. Then add:

1 1/2 c. flour

and then stir in:

more than 1/2 c. chocolate chips
handful of chopped walnuts

and bake in spoonfuls for 10-14 minutes at 375 degrees. When they came out, I added a sprinkle of raw sugar for visual appeal.

We will see tomorrow, in the public eye, how they fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment