Monday, August 1, 2011

Blueberry Cookies?


Sime's friend Talka has quickly made a beloved impression on me, somehow. She came to stay for two days for an interview, and she accidentally left blueberries in our refrigerator.

I wanted to bake for my coworkers....so against my engineering judgment I decided to attempt a blueberry cookie. Many people have posted recipes, but the idea did not seem feasible.




Bean came in and thought the lumps were chocolate; and said he would make me into a chocolate chip cookie.

So I let him pour some in.

And just as I was beginning to think they might, somehow, turn out alright --




let's just say.....these did not bake well.

I have come to the realization that fruit goes wonderfully in cakes, pies, biscuits, and alcoholic drinks. It does not hold up to a cookie's necessary soft-and-crisp texture; the beautiful juiciness that a fresh fruit contains simply forces the cookie to give way to a nameless clump.

Needless to say, I shall not be bringing these into work tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. hehe...oh dear. they make amazing muffins and pies though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what happens when you try and bring treats to work when I won't be there! :)

    ReplyDelete