Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brush-Burning

The Brush-Burning is a "party" my family has every year in which we invite over a bunch of people, lay out a spread of sardines-cheese-crackers-coffee, and spend all day pretending to pull brush into piles and burn it. Then we go inside for a giant potluck, and play music for hours into the night. It is a joyous time, at least for me; I drove all the way home from Troy to attend the festivities, in fact. For potluck I brought this salad, which just had:

rotini
olive oil
feta cheese
basil
parsley
steamed asparagus

And then I experimented with these strange-tasting cookies, in an attempt to clear some shit out of my refrigerator:

1 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

1 c. rolled oats
1 c. apple
1/2 c. walnuts
1/2 c. chocolate-covered espresso beans
a few tsp. of Godiva cocoa powder

Prepare as usual, and bake at 350 for 15 or so minutes. They came out slightly spongy and strange, and with a lot of flavors vying for attention. I kind of liked them, though!




1 comment:

  1. You said you weren't going to give me access to your foodblog! Now you've gone and done it.

    I like the photog, though.

    ReplyDelete