Thursday, March 11, 2010

Irish Soda Bread


This vacation is a lot of driving, and driving is a lot of tiring, and tiring means I feel like baking for people. And March means St. Patrick's Day. And I
think you know what that means! I got this recipe from allrecipes.com

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup raisins

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

I used golden raisins because Mother Dearest was out of the regular kind. This was very simple to make; I just threw in all the ingredients and mixed them together idly, and then kneaded it a few times and plopped it on a pan and into the oven.

Then Mother and I spent the rest of the night drinking wine, snacking on this, and playing Rummykub. A perfect relaxation scenario, dum dum dum.

No comments:

Post a Comment