Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cookies for Father

The next stop for spring vacation was Meedle's apartment in New Bedford, MA. She had dictated an extremely long list of items for me to bring, and I packed and packed and packed. When I'd finished, I realized I had exactly one half hour before Mother came home to say goodbye, so I decided to make these cookies for Fath. Oatmeal raisin are one of his favorites, but we didn't have any raisins, so I made this variation.

1/3 c. white sugar
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter (softened)
1/4 c. shortening
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. flour

1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. white chocolate chips

In the original recipe, only 1/2 cup of raisins were required, so these cookies came out of the oven with a high percentage of add-ins, but I doubt anyone's going to complain.


No comments:

Post a Comment